Firm Logo

Post-Judgement Modification Lawyers In Trenton

Changing Child Support, Visitation and Spousal Support Orders in New Jersey and Pennsylvania

Lives change for parents and children as time goes on. Over time, custody and support arrangements may become out of date, no longer fitting your family’s needs. Post-judgment modification of these arrangements may be possible if you find yourself in such a situation.

The Trenton post-judgment modification lawyers at the Davis Law Firm, LLC, represent New Jersey and Pennsylvania parents who need to ask the court for permission to change custody or support orders. We also represent clients who oppose these types of changes. The future of your family is of paramount concern for us. We will do everything we can to help you reach an arrangement that meets the present and future needs of you and your children.

If you have questions about how to modify family law orders in New Jersey or Pennsylvania, call 609-587-9100 or contact our Hamilton law firm online. Our attorneys will respond promptly.

Why Might a Court Order Be Modified?

To seek a change to a child support, child custody or spousal support order, the petitioning party must show that there has been a substantial change in circumstances. Some examples of valid reasons are:

  • Switching jobs has led to a change in work hours and/or income
  • The loss of a job, leading to lack of income
  • A parent has a good faith reason for relocating and wants to take the children along
  • Allegations of abuse, neglect, drug or alcohol use
  • The receiver of alimony payments gets remarried or is living with a new partner

Proceedings to modify court orders can be even more contentious than the original divorce. Our Hamilton law firm is fully prepared to handle these complex issues and reach positive resolutions, including in situations that require litigation to protect our clients’ rights.

Contact Us for Help on Modifications of Custody and Support in New Jersey

To learn more about post-judgment modification and how the Davis Law Firm can help, please call 609-587-9100. You can also contact our Mercer County law firm online.

Criminal IconCriminal Icon
Criminal DefenseInformation Center
DUI IconDUI Icon
DUI/DWI & TrafficInformation Center
Case Result IconCase Result Icon
Divorce & Family LawInformation Center
Divorce IconDivorce Icon
Domestic ViolenceInformation Center
© 2024 Davis Law Firm, LLC. All Rights Reserved.Site Map.