Our Practice Areas
- CRIMINAL DEFENSE
- Assault By Automobile
- Bail Reform
- Car Jacking
- Disorderly Persons Offenses
- Diversionary Programs
- Domestic Violence Defense
- Drug Crimes
- Drug Distribution
- Firearm Possession
- Juvenile Criminal Defense
- Prostitution Offenses
- Restraining Orders
- Search And Seizure
- Sexual Assault Offenses
- State Crimes
- Theft Offenses
- DUI/DWI & TRAFFIC
- DIVORCE & FAMILY LAW
- FEDERAL CRIMES
Assault By an Automobile: Criminal Defense Lawyers, Trenton NJ
Your actions behind the wheel can have a lasting impact on your entire life – especially when you injure another individual through your reckless conduct. Charges of assault by auto carry serious criminal penalties, which require the in-depth legal knowledge of an experienced criminal defense attorney.
At the Davis Law Firm, LLC, an established Trenton, New Jersey, criminal defense law firm, we serve as aggressive advocates for individuals accused of vehicular assault. We fight beside our clients at every stage of the legal process, ensuring they have the best possible chance of securing a favorable outcome.
To speak with a lawyer who will put your best interests first, call or send an email using our secure contact form. We promptly return all phone calls and emails, often within the same day.
Assault by automobile requires the prosecution to prove that you were the operator of the vehicle, that you engaged in reckless conduct, that you caused an accident and that you caused injury to another as a result of your reckless conduct. At the Davis Law Firm, LLC, we thoroughly analyze each element of these charges and craft a strategic defense plan that can stand the test of trial.
Assault by automobile charges can fall into several different grades related to the severity of the offense, including:
- Disorderly persons offense: Charges for conduct resulting in bodily injury to another may carry a sentence of up to six months in jail, probation and fines up to $1,000.
- Fourth-degree offense: Charges for conduct resulting in serious bodily injury to another may carry a sentence of up to 18 months in jail, probation and fines up to $10,000.
- Third-degree offense: Serious bodily injury to another from a DWI-related accident may carry a sentence of up to five years in jail and fines up to $15,000.
- Second-degree offense: Second-degree charges committed in a school zone may carry a sentence of up to 10 years in jail and fines up to $150,000.
Contact A Hamilton Assault With A Motor Vehicle Attorney
Get justice for your legal issue. Contact a Trenton defense attorney regarding assault by automobile charges at the Davis Law Firm, LLC, by calling us or send us an email through our secure online form. We accept Visa, Discover and MasterCard, and offer free consultations for criminal defense and personal injury cases.
Spanish interpreter is available – Hablamos español.